Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday commute

On the way to church on Sunday mornings, I like to get into the car, plug in the iPod and crank it. The kids have gotten used to the fact that dad needs two things on the thirty minute drive to church - - - a tall cup of coffee from Starbucks and some great praise music. So, with that background, the following exchange between me and my 2 year old son took place this morning:

Me: AH-CHOO!.....(singing with the music blaring) Bless the Lord....

Son: (from the far back seat) DAD!

Me: (singing)....oh my soul....

Son: DAD!

Me: (singing)....and all that is within me....

Son: DAD! DAD! DAD!

Me: (singing)...Bless His holy Name......

Son: (with increasing urgency) Oh, come on dad!

Me: (turning down the radio with worship distrubed frustration): Yes, son, what is it?

Son: Um, I forgot...oh, yeah: bless you.