Sunday, March 8, 2009

Special Governor Edition: Three things

  1. I got to meet the governor last week. I was part of the planning committe for an event and he was our guest of honor. A couple of things stood out. First, his schedule was coordinated by the minute. He landed in Dallas and was on his way back to Austin is just under three hours. Second, he has some mean looking Texas Rangers with him at all times. (Texas Rangers are like ninjas with cowboy hats.) Finally, he greets everyone, but you feel like he was not really all that interested in you at all. That is a special talent, I suppose.
  2. If you are a fan of live sporting events, you should look at eBay. You can get a pair of NBA or NHL tickets for just $0.99. Junior Underdog and I are going to see the Mavericks in a couple of weeks.
  3. I feel really bad about that pastor that got shot this morning during the service. I am hopeful that, as the media descends upon this little church, the complete sovereignty of God over all things is comfirmed and exalted. God was not surprised by the events in that church service. I didn't know that pastor, but I would have to think that it would be glorious to be proclaiming the excellencies of Christ one moment and then, in the blink of an eye, face to face with the very One you were proclaiming.

Grace.

No comments: