- Children are a blessing from the Lord, except for the hour before dinner and the last two hours of the return trip home from vacation.
- Children do not recognize the rights of anyone else outside of themselves.
- For toddlers, items that have the words "flourescent" and "permanent" in their description have the gravitational pull equal to a black hole.
- Never leave your laptop open to a toddler with his plastic play tools.
- It is amazing the amount of damage that a child can do with a set of fine quality plastic play tools.
- A child's faith has not been diminished by experience. Neither has it been emboldened by experience.
- To a child with a favorite NFL team, every game of the season is the Super Bowl.
- Children respond with tremedous grace to a humble parent.
- A child's hissy fit is simply the outward manifestation of something I do in my heart all of the time.
- It is important to remember that it is hard being a parent and it is hard being a child, just in different ways.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Things I have learned as a parent...
Posted by the Underdog at 7:08 PM