Monday, September 29, 2008

Three things

The first in a series of one. The following are three sayings* that our family uses often that I think are quite useful.
  1. A good portion of the book of Proverbs wrapped up in one tidy saying: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
  2. The proper form for an apology is four lines: "I'm sorry. I was wrong. I hurt you when I (name the gruesome offense). Can you please forgive me?"
  3. The members of our family often believe everything is about them, when in reality God is the most important person in the universe. The constant reminder that we are not as important as we may think we are: "I'm sorry, but its not your party."

*none of these are originally from me. I am standing on the shoulders of nameless giants.

No comments: