Friday, May 8, 2009

Insights into stuff and Genesis 3

A couple of random thoughts on spiritual things:

- In the apologetics course that our church is offering to the public, we looked at Genesis 3. This is the chapter were Adam and Eve choose fruit over God. I know that the core of their disobedience was a heart that wondered if there was something better, but has there ever been a worse trade. I will trade perfect joy for a bite of a pear. Huh. Not equal value, really.

-When they made the choice to rebel against God, 100% of the human population on the planet at that moment fell. There was not a sinless person left.

-I am still puzzled by the origin of evil in the first place. What was the origin of that first rebellious inkling in the mind of Satan?

-Leave apples alone. It wasn't an apple. Probably a tomato. Tomatoes are fruit, you know.

-Will heaven be better than Eden was? I think so.

-I wonder if later in their lives, Adam and Eve could remember the details of the Fall. We tend to forget things as we grow older. I have to think that as their minds aged that the wonder of an unfallen world became harder and harder to recall. Dulled by sin and pain, I bet they began to view death as a gift, a relief from crushing regret.

-Just a speculation, but I bet that Eve was unusually viscious with any snakes she encountered.

-The first Adam blew it. The second Adam, though thoroughly tempted, did not.

2 comments:

Coie said...

It was good to meet you and two of your daughters today! Like I said earlier, I have read every single post on this blog and on HSB, since I found it a couple years ago. It always cracks me up, and encourages me, so thanks for keeping it updated. And thanks for stopping by and saying hello at the convention!

Coie

TobyBo said...

I think it was a pomegranate.