Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Three things

  1. As I read through the book of Matthew, I am consistently amazed at the number of miracles where Jesus simply makes something from nothing. Sometimes it is nerve endings that He creates. Sometimes He creates bread. I imagine this is one of the things that frustrated His opponents the most: His claim to be God was supported by creation events that could not happen with anyone else.
  2. Our country really lost something when divorce lost its stigma. Sixty years ago, getting a divorce was difficult and was viewed with certain distain by society at large. Now divorce has become a drive-thru industry and so few people fight for their marriages. And there are people that view public divorces as if it is some sort of sporting event and they take sides and root for their team. Instead of rooting for reconcliation.
  3. I was a little disappointed that I was not nominated for the Supreme Court. I am not sure that I am qualified. But I am not sure they are either.....

1 comment:

TobyBo said...

LOL, I am pretty sure you would get my nomination.