Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Floored

I couldn't believe it when I read this:

"It is somewhat surreal to be standing on grassy hillsides with Israeli civilians sitting in chairs, watching the ongoing Israeli military offensive," Dion Nissenbaum, a McClatchy Newspapers Middle East correspondent, said in an e-mail to CNN.

"They don't seem to be bothered by the occasional Qassam rockets and mortar rounds that explode in the surrounding fields," Nissenbaum wrote in his blog, Checkpoint Jerusalem. "They have come to watch the war."

This is the world we live in. One in which war is a spectator sport.

Come soon, Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

TobyBo said...

I think it was fashionable to watch battles during the Civil War, too. I cannot imagine.

Amelia Antwiler said...

Toby makes a good point, as always.

but Remember 2 things.
#1 - the source of the report.
#2 - They live surrounded by war all the time. We do not comprehend. And maybe they remember the promise God gave to Abraham and are waiting to see what happens.

:-) I'm not sure I'd want to watch -- but I'm safe and secure in my land locked state.