Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Three Things

Before I get to the three things, I would like to offer a special thank you to Comfy Denim. Your careful consideration and comment on the Smurf-Care Bear throw down question was very helpful. Our family will consider the matter resolved.

Or not.

1. I do not take enough risks and it has crippled me as a Christian. I value comfort and quietness over helping people and winning souls. I have often used the "I-need-to-know-God's-will-on-this-matter" excuse for inaction. I heard someone say over the weekend that we will use that excuse when considering working with the poor or volunteering at that abortion clinic, but when is the last time you needed to know God's will in order to go see a movie or take a roadtrip. Yeah, sometimes I use "knowing-God's-will" as a delay tactic.*

*I am not trying to belittle knowing God's will, but if it is unclear then simply obey and serve
someone, right?

2. I now have a new phobia. We found a dead rat in our garden this morning. He was dead, but I hated him anyway. Snakes? No problem. Spiders? Okay. Roaches? Well, I guess. But RATS? DEATH TO THOSE FILTHY RODENTS! I wish they had been late to the launch of Noah's ark.

3. I haven't followed the news that closely, but I think that the healthcare debate is not really about health. It is about money. And greed. If it was really about health, we would shut down McDonald's and Wendy's.

2 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I try to help out when I can. or not. LOL

I'm right there with you on #2...except Roaches give me the heebie jeebies.

TobyBo said...

wow... what a concise summary of the health care debate....