Saturday, July 4, 2009

Three things

1. I was in a Barnes & Noble the other day. They have this section with coffee table books at really low prices, but they are such bad coffee table books that I'm afraid that you might not be able to give them away. They had one entitled "Evil Serial Killers". Do you really need the adjective? Isn't being evil kind of a pre-requisite to serial killing?

2. I think that maybe we need to set some parameters around the sale of athletic jerseys. I saw a gentleman that was tipping the scales at somewhere over 300 lbs. wearing the jersey of one of the Dallas Cowboys cornerbacks. There is just something unbalanced about someone that is not fast wearing the jersey of someone that is fast. I propose that we not produce XXXL replica jerseys with the numbers and names of small, speedy players. "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't have any Deion Sanders jerseys in 3XL. Maybe a nice Leon Lett for a gentleman of your size...."

3. The 4th of July is now over. I often wonder what the origniators of a holiday would think of our celebration. I think that our nation's Founders would approve of our fireworks and feasting, but I bet they would question what we have done with the independence they purchased with their blood.

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

#1 does bring to my wondering mind if there's a prequel..."Accidental Serial Killers"" or a sequel "Slightly less evil...."...

odd title, I agree.