Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God is great.

Consider this from Psalm 19:

The heavens declare the glory of God,and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,and night to night reveals knowledge.

And then consider this:




Image above: How Big is the Milky Way? Imagine that our entire Solar System were the size of a quarter. The Sun is now a microscopic speck of dust, as are its nine planets, whose orbits are represented by the flat disc of the coin. How far away is the nearest star to our sun? In our model, Proxima Centauri (and any planets that might be around it) would be another quarter, two soccer fields away. This is the typical separation of stars in our part of the galaxy.
I put my hand over my mouth. Soli Deo Gloria.

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

And He holds it all in His hand...and hung each of those stars...

Excuse me a moment while I sing. :-)


I never said thank you for that article you sent me. It has become more and more relevant as I'm faced with more of the same thinking. Thank you for sending it to me.

Blessings!