Monday, August 3, 2009

Three things

1. The internet has helped me hear preaching that otherwise would remain hidden. Every Monday morning I can access hundreds of sermons that are less than 24 hours old. I am very selective in the ones that I choose to listen to, but I am amazed at the access that we have to quality teaching. I suppose that this phenomenon is both positive and negative. Just as the gospel can go forth at the click of a button, so can heresy....

2. It will be a very different football season without a TV. But as Mrs. Underdog and I spoke about the lack of TV last night, we realized that our lives have re-centered on other things. I would like to think that we are using the time we got back wisely.

3. I went to a birthday party over the weekend. It reminded me that I probably have about 60 years of life left. Life truly is a vapor. I better get after it.....

Don't Waste Your Life.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

60 years left? really? Hmm, average American male life expectancy is around 76 these days I think, so you'd better get after it indeed my friend!

Unknown said...

Who are some of your favorite pastors to listen to?