Monday, August 16, 2010

A moral conundrum


On Sunday, I was running through a local neighborhood. It was about 5:30am and the sun was just beginning to rise. I was in the last 1/4 of a five mile run and the tank was nearing empty. On my right was a fenceline lined with hedges about seven feet tall. As I was running, I caught the faint scent of smelly skunk. I took evasive action and jumped fifteen feet in the air into the street. This movement caused a violent rustling in the hedges and a strange hissing sound that could only be the shrill of a really ticked off skunk. Having avoided the peril of death scented misery, I continued on my way.

This is where the moral conundrum comes in. About fifty yards down the path, I met a runner going in the opposite direction on the same sidewalk.

So. The appropriate thing to do is:

A. Scream "RABID, MAN EATING SKUNK DEAD AHEAD!!" at the top of my lungs.

B. Trip the guy or hip check him, then sprint like crazy, having saved him from a worse fate.

C. Turn around and follow at a distance to see if the skunk gets the guy, giggling like a drunk hyena.

D. Keep jogging, and invest in Tomato Juice stocks.

2 comments:

TobyBo said...

whaaaaaat?

you don't tell us what you did?

no fair!

Ryann said...

Yeah, what the person above me said!

"drunk hyena" ---> THAT is what my brother sounds like when he laughs...