Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Three things #177 - Special Edition


This is a Special November 1st Edition of Three things:

1. I am adopted. And if you know Jesus, according to Ephesians 1:4-5, so are you. Mrs. Underdog and I love the picture of the gospel that is contained within the act of adoption. And although we do not currently have plans to adopt (take a deep breath Mom and Dad!), we have a growing passion to help people that want to adopt.

So, with that in mind, I will be running a half-marathon to help raise funds for families that want to adopt. Slow, unathletic dude running? Adoptions? Seems pretty disassociated, right? Not if I am going to run in the Marathon for Adoption (http://www.marathonforadoption.com/) that is coming up at the end of October!

So, I can hear you asking, how can I help a middle-aged jogger reach his Chariots of Fire dreams and help orphans at the same time? Glad you asked! I don't know yet. I will have more details in the next couple of weeks.

Until then, pray for my training. I had planned to run a race at the end of November and this accelerates my schedule by about a month.

2. Just to prove that our family is really deep, here was the line of conversation at the dinner table tonight:

This chicken is really good.--->Can chickens smile?--->I wonder if these chickens were related?--->Are chickens emotionally stable animals?--->Are all chickens anti-death penalty?---->If chickens had a theology, what would it look like?--->Where would the farmer figure fit within chicken theology?

We are deep thinkers, I tell ya.

3. And finally, it is nearly impossble not to laugh at this clip. Make sure you turn the sound up....

No comments: