- Evidently my wife works hard during the day when I am gone. Who knew?
- The requirements for managing our brood: the wisdom of Solomon, the patience of Job, and the grace of a loving God.
- An active two-year-old male child is like a terrible tornado: leaving nothing but mass destruction and broken crayons and sand and food remnants in its wake.
- Speaking of food, we eat a lot of fa-foo. There is breakfast, first snack, pre-lunch complaining about hunger, lunch, second snack, griping about the time between second snack and dinner, dinner, and questions about what is for breakfast tomorrow.
- Mrs. Underdog does the grocery shopping in just over two hours. I clocked in a just under four.
- My children average ten questions per hour. Multiple that times five children. If I hear the question "Where are my shoes?" ever again, it will be to soon.
- Children under the age of four host a permanent odor that defies description.
The fact is that under durress, it became apparent what I really am: a naturally self-centered man in desparate need of grace and mercy. Under that woolly disguise, I am just a scrawny sheep.
Thank God He saves us.