Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mental lint

-I posted about three months ago that I was starting my own company. By God's grace, we are still solvent and even a little profitable. The best part has been the flexible work hours.

-Is it just me or does the media seem a little confused now that the Election is over? One of the lead stories around here is the effect of the economy on pet shelters. We've gone from bickering bureaucrats to homeless cats in just 24 hours.

-It is strangely comforting to me to see just how messed up some many of the Biblical patriarchs were. Adam, Noah, Abraham...all have problems. Grace abounded in the OT.

-Pup #6 is due anytime now. Supposed to be a girl. I think I need a budget envelope labeled "Cute Stuff".

-Paid $2.01 for a gallon of gas today. I should be happy about that, but it still seems high to me.

-Christmas has started for the retailers. It really bothers me that Silent Night is blaring over the speakers in the Men's Room at a local Mart in early November. This year I am renewing my pledge to never enter the doors of any mall for the remaining two months of 2008.

No comments: