Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Three things

Three things I am thankful for:
  1. Jesus' steadfast love for ungrateful losers like me
  2. Dessert
  3. Family
  4. Cars that drive even though the 'Check Engine' light is on
  5. Football games
  6. Small groups at great churches
  7. The gift of reading
  8. The gift of peaceful sleep
  9. Second chances
  10. Wrestling with toddlers
  11. Icepacks (after wrestling with toddlers)
  12. Hardships
  13. Comfy Denim's consistent comments on this blog
  14. iPod that I received completely without merit from one of my favorite people
  15. Laughter
  16. Windex
  17. Third chances
  18. God's Sovereignty
  19. Cold breakfast cereal
  20. Sunsets behind mountains
  21. Andrew Peterson
  22. Kleenex
  23. Running
  24. Eyesight
  25. A super cold beverage at the end of the day
  26. The great crew at my local Starbucks
  27. The jukebox in my head that plays only songs that I like
  28. The anticipation of an infant's first smile
  29. Tennis shoes
  30. The promise of life with God after death

2 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I always did like the #13.
I liked your list.
Too many people put too much thought into lists like that -- Windex and Kleenex are, indeed, things to be very grateful for and are left off of so many "Thankful" lists. So are indoor plumbing - which would include toilets and running water. :-)

Amelia Antwiler said...

I about fell out of my chair laughing at the "Linebacker Starting Kit". We've got one of those. He's 4 - soon to be 5. We had people telling us, when he was 2, that he'd need to play football. ;-)

I now call him J-man the Wookie. Though, I don't think most wookies would throw themselves to the ground in a total fit -- but it's not wise to upset a wookie.

I have a friend who has a saying that I've claimed as my own...because it's true.

My children are God's way of perfecting my character. I just didn't know how flawed my character was.

Perfecting by children is not easy and today I lost the battle -- which is why I'm sooo very grateful for God's grace.

Still love your list. Been thinking about windex when I wasn't thinking about myself.

Okay. That was funny. I just tickled myself.