Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dear Spring....

Dear Spring,

I really miss you. In fact, although you came and went in the blink of an eye, I developed a special affection for you. The way that you rained teardrops of rainy goodness every few days made a permanent impression on me. The days were long and filled with walks in the tender warmth of moderate temperatures. The flowers budded with your arrival and the birds sang their songs with a new joy....

Yet you left me, you wretched season! And your evil twin brother, Summer has moved in. Like the hot fires of fiery hot fire, Summer's heat and pressure has wilted my spirit and given my soul second degree burns. You brought such happiness, Spring, but your brother has made me feel like a bad haircut that will never grow out. Like a polar bear at a salad bar. Like something worse than Shredded Wheat with no milk. The rays of your sunshine that made me feel refreshed now power down on my poor head like a comination of super sharp needles, lasers, and angry porcupines. Ouch, you know?

Since you left, Spring, the rain drops never fall on my head. The birds seem bitter. Everything is worse. And did I mention that it is humid? Its like the whole state is one great big armpit after a collective marathon. You were pleasantly moist, but Summer's humidity is like having a wet cat permanently stuck to your head. It's not good.

I am pleading with you Spring, please come back. Vanquish Summer and bring balance back to the weather. I love you.

Seasonally insecure,

The Underdog

2 comments:

Aaron said...

1.) It's probably not going to happen, not for a while.
2.) This sounds a lot like grumbling. Now, I don't know you to be a grumbling guy, but rather as one who gives thanks in all circumstances acknowledging that it is the Lord who has brought all this to pass, creating the seasons and the sun (and sunscreen to prevent those 2nd degree burns!)...

carrhop said...

Ah, yes. Spring fled too fast and has left hot lava in its wake....came soon, Autumn!

Blessings!