Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Three things #158


1. I heard an interview on NPR the other day with the rap artist Eminem. Regardless of your opinion of that genre, Eminem is really talented at putting words together. The most interesting thing he said was that not all lines in rap have to rhyme. He said that if two words sound similar enough, you can bend them with your enunciation so that it works.

2. I have new used car. Its acquisition was a trail of small miracles that are too cool to be coincidence. God provided the right seller at the right time at the right price. The coolest part of the story is when the service department told us to donate the car for tax credit. This would of course result in no cash for the car. My beautiful bride suggested that we had nothing to lose by taking the car to CarMax. CarMax then offered us $2k. That was just the amount we needed to finish paying for the car we were acquiring. You can see a picture of my new car right above this post. ;)

3. To my beautiful bride: Fourteen years ago, I made promises to you, that by God's grace I have kept. I love you more today that I did then. Experience has made our relationship wiser and more humble. You are my Engedi. I can't wait to see what we get to do next....together.

1 comment:

JenIG said...

And so I state, once again, that my poem to Coie most certainly *did* rhyme. You just weren't enunciating it properly. Or saying it in Arabic.

I leave you with the gift of the semi-colon. I hope you like it; there's no other punctuation mark that I like nearly so well. The ellipses is a close second, yet I digress...