Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Almost Batman

My wife is taking me to see The Dark Knight tomorrow night. It was going to be a surprise for me, but now that I know, it will be a lot less surprising. My giddy anticipation for seeing a film has not been this high since the Lord of the Rings series finished up. I expect it to be that good.

I have been particularly impressed with the quality of the soundtrack for both the first movie, Batman Begins, and the one we will see on Thursday. I am usually anti-soundtrack because I feel that the music lacks context without the visual that it was written to support. But these soundtracks were superior independent of the movie screen.

I may watch Batman Begins tonight just to prepare for the sequel. Sick, I know. But let's face it: the time between March Madness and the start of the NFL season is an entertainment wasteland.
I will let you know how it goes. Expectations are pretty high, I tell ya.




No comments: