Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dumbest Xmas song ever

By the title, you are probably expecting some tirade on the Spanglish embarrassment known as Feliz Navidad. Close, but no. I actually listened closely to the The Little Drummer Boy tonight. Really listened to the story within the song.

I have been an active observer of six live births. And I can tell you this: If a pre-pubescent boy with a drum kit had decided to play a solo anywhere near Mrs. Underdog and her newborn baby, she would have punted that kid into the next county.

And one other thing, most of the newborns I know only smile when they are passing gas. That would not fit within the theme of the song, but I have to think a little gas is a more probable reason for the smile than some kid beating a drum.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

As the mother of 4 -- what I have to say to your observations is:

:::::GUFFAW:::::

Anonymous said...

funny about what people get out of things.....it's one of my favorite songs and Christmas movies. who cares about the drums....it was Jesus and a boy giving the only thing he had.
oh, i think i need a tissue!
:)