Friday, December 5, 2008

Three Christmas things

  1. Joseph is one of my favorite people in the Bible. I have so many questions for him. For instance: Joseph, how many times in your parenting did you realize that your wisdom was vastly inferior to your Sons? Did you see crosses along your journey? Were you horrified at the sight or were they so commonplace that you barely noticed?
  2. Cute images of angels make me sad. At one of the big pastor's conferences last year, one of the speakers (I think it was RC Sproul) said that if you saw an angel, you would probably pee your pants. He is probably right.
  3. My newborn daughter just started smiling at us. I bet that, as first time parents, Mary and Joseph were blown away by Jesus' first smile. I am on baby number six and those first smiles still take my breath away. The only thing better is the first laugh. I praise God for laughter.

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

Good questions!!
#2 made me laugh. Sproul's probably right - after all, all the angels that spoke to people in the Bible always started with "Do Not Fear"...