Monday, December 1, 2008

Three things

  1. I was given the opportunity yesterday to teach a group of elementary school children about Jesus. We walked through the Old Testament and talked about the importance of shepherds - - -Abram, Moses, David. And how those guys were just a foreshadowing of the Good Shepherd that would lay down His life for His sheep. When I teach Sunday School, I feel God's pleasure*.
  2. I guess that the weekend was not that great for retailers. Think we will see the CEOs from the retail industry asking for a bailout from the government?
  3. There are over 1000 versions of Away in the Manger on iTunes. It makes my heart hurt to hear artists sing about sacred things that don't consider them sacred. We allow more levity in songs about the Incarnation than we ever would permit with our National Anthem.

*Yes, I stole this from Chariots of Fire. I can't run very fast, so I have to stick with teaching Sunday School, okay?

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I need to go back and watch the video all the way through. I got about 5 seconds in and had to walk away.

1. You sound like the Professor. He feels the same way.

2. Gosh, I hope not...

3. Good point. Happens far too often -- in many areas of life. It's far too often just a song - even to church members.

Beyond that, 1000 versions??!?!...that's just too many people singing the same song. :-)