Friday, December 19, 2008

Three things

  1. As me and two of the Pups were out today, we noticed that the prevalence of the word "want" increases exponentially in the month of December. Christmas has become all about "wants." I think that when every need has been fulfilled without much thought to its Source, we lose perspective on what defines a gift.
  2. I managed the worst diaper in the history of mankind yesterday. The Nation Weather Service suspected it could develop into an F5 event and issued a Warning for our particular address*.
  3. I think that last year I stated that I wanted to learn to play the guitar. One year later and everything is still accapella. I really just want to know enough chords to lead our family in worship during evening huddle time. I am afraid learning an instrument may require effort on my part.

*Fortunately it was trash day. But the guy that drives our route smelled the offending underpants and told us to expect an extra charge on this months bill. Okay, not really, but it was pretty awful.

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

#1. I like where you went with this. "What defines a gift"... that could preach.

#2. Trade ya diapers. *L*

#3 - you mean...sleeping next to my guitar, I won't wake up knowing how to play???