- Silence really is golden. If God is whispering to someone and I keep talking, that is bad for the listener.
- All of my heroes are fallible.
- 99% of parenting books are bunk. No one can customize a book to fit the needs of your child's unique make-up. I'll take Wisdom over Published Advice for $500, Alex.
- Becoming who God made you to be is less about reforming habits and more about rebuilding right desires.
- Nothing is inconsequential. It may not matter to you, but it probably does to someone else. Whether you can see it or not.
- Its best to drink water, but sometimes you just have to have a root beer.
- It is often difficult to prioritize your time, but the key metric is that you can work for the rest of your life but you only get to play backyard catch with your son for a few years.
- Loving Jesus = Embracing risk.
- I cannot resist a good deal on books, even if I know it will be years before I get to read them.
- God is sovereign over all things at all times. And my limited perspective does not give me the privilege of questions those things that I am too small to comprehend. God does not owe me an explanation for anything but He has shared with me much more than I deserve to know. And He is good.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
A few things I have learned in 36 years
Posted by the Underdog at 6:35 AM